Friday, June 17, 2011

Words To End Your Week

 From Live A Praying Life by Jennifer Kennedy Dean
The Potter is shaping your heart so that it is the container for His desires.  He is creating a masterpiece of His own design.  He is forming a vessel into which He will pour out His heart.
           
From Divided By Faith by Emerson and Smith
The inequality is expansive.  So expansive in fact that even if all homes and vehicles were taken from white Americans, they would still, on average, have greater net worth than black Americans.

From Generous Justice by Timothy Keller
When black people do things in a certain way, you say, "Well, that's your culture."  But when white people do things a certain way, you say, "That's just the right way to do things."  You don't realize you really have a culture.  You are blind to how many of your beliefs and practices are cultural.
We begin to see how, in so many ways, we made our cultural biases into moral principles and then judged people of other races as being inferior.

From The Journey by Katie
I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up little ones and wipe away tears. I bend over a big pot of stew and I bend to fold endless laundry and I bend over math books and spelling sentences and history quiz corrections. And at the end of these days I bend next to the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower.
Because I serve a Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face.

No comments:

Post a Comment