Monday, June 6, 2011

Mother's Day, I Mean Memorial Weekend

We have a tradition for Mother's Day. We find somewhere fun outside to spend the afternoon as a family. I love it.

Unfortunately, this Mother's Day I was in Iowa while Scott was headed back to Kansas City. Hopefully this is not the new tradition.

So we celebrated Mother's Day over Memorial weekend and headed to the Nelson Atkins Art Museum and Sculpture Garden. We have wanted to walk around it since we moved here 3 years ago, but had never gotten around to it.

I've been meaning to put these up for a week now, but here's our adventures.


The famous, giant shuttle cocks. There are 4 of them throughout the park.


A actually managed to capture a picture of both girls smiling at the same time. Some kind of miracle I tell ya.




The newest sculpture to the garden that we call the giant tree.


I love where the old museum meets up with the new modern museum.


A view of the sculpture park from the museum steps.


More giant shuttlecocks!








Evelyn fondling the sculpture.


Oops....moving on....


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment