Friday, June 12, 2009

7 Quick Takes

It doesn't seem possible that it is already Friday again! I was going to delay this, but I knew I would hear from Dan if I did... :)

1~ We started cloth diapering Evelyn this week. I guess by we, I mean I started cloth diapering Evelyn and Scott is being a willing participant if she needs changed. :) I bought almost all my diapers used on www.diaperswappers.com, so I was able to save a lot of money on them. They have come a long ways from the days of folding, pinning, and rinsing in the toilet! Besides that, the total cost for diapers that will last her until she's potty trained is approximately the same cost as 5-6 months of disposables. And, they're better for her...so it's a win-win in my book.

2~ Evelyn walks in circles. Literally. She will take steps with her right foot only. Her record is three in a row, but since it's only with one foot she just kind of walks around herself. If you've seen her "gimpy crawl" that she does, it's the same foot that she steps with when doing that.

3~ Once a month on Thursday nights I have a mom's meeting that I go to with some friends that I met through our Bradley birth classes. They both have little girls who were born within 2 weeks of Evelyn. It's soooo funny to see them interact with each other! All three are mobile now and last night they were pulling each others hair, biting each others fingers, and being generally obnoxious to one another. Although, none of them seemed to mind too much and seemed amused to have someone their size to play with.

4~ Evelyn always wakes up from her naps with crazy hair. This is her mohawk look and she's dancing for everyone to boot.


5~ I had to stop mid-quick takes because Evelyn figured out how to turn off the power strip that the internet box thingy is plugged into. Did I mention she is into EVERYTHING???

6~ Do you remember fundraisers in school? They would have the big assembly and get you all excited about this stuff you could win if you were the top seller. You got all excited to go home and sell you overpriced pizzas, cookie dough, and chocolates to the world. Now that I'm an adult I realize why parents didn't let me go around my neighborhood selling that stuff. It drives me crazy to have kids come to my door and have to turn them away. Thanks mom!

7~ One last picture to start out your weekend. She glowing not with angelic innocence, but rather with sunscreen before we went out for a loooong walk to the post office and back.

1 comment:

  1. I love the circle walking one!! Hang in there with the cloth diapers...it takes a couple weeks to have a "system."

    ReplyDelete