Friday, June 19, 2009

7 Quick Takes

I'm not sure if I've got seven in me this week, but I'll give it a go...

1~ Evelyn has now successfully taken a step with her left foot and stayed standing. We haven't gotten any full-blown independent walking, but something tells me it will happen any day!

2~ Evelyn got her first ear infection this week. It's just a mild viral one, but here's what we did for it....

a. Went immediately to the chiropractor and got her adjusted. This helped tremendously and her ear was able to drain (evidenced by a sudden onset cough).

b. Pulsatilla homeopathic remedy that we used for teething with great success. It always calms her down when she's hurting and upset.

c. Muellin-garlic ear drops. Garlic is an amazing natural anti-microbial!

3~ I have the most adorable picture of Evelyn to post, but I can't until next week because I used it for our Father's Day cards and don't want to spoil the surprise. Be looking for it early next week. :)

4~ We have been going to a great church the last couple of months. They had a whole church picnic this week that we went to and one of the pastors introduced us to the leader of one of the small groups. Apparently this group is known as the "lawyer's small group" because it already has 3-4 lawyers in it. Oh boy. Nothing says fun like a room full of lawyer talk. :-D It's great though because they have welcomed us in and one of the couples has a 7-month-old girl! A friend for Evelyn and a new mom to get to know for me!

5~ Scott cooked an amazing dinner tonight. Hamburgers that he added sauteed onions and bacon into, grilled sweet potato fries, and grilled sliced zucchini. It was sooo good and I got a night off from cooking! I love that he loves to grill and is so good at it.

6~ Evelyn will be 9 months old on Sunday. Crazy! We aren't doing a well baby visit since it seems pretty pointless with how healthy and happy she is. So I saved myself the copay, 1/2 hour wait in the waiting room, and hour in the car and just weighed and measured her myself. She's weighing about 18 lbs which would put her in the 29th %ile and is around 29 inches long which is the 86th %ile.

7~ Evelyn also has 4 teeth. Two on top and two on the bottom. I think she may be getting another one on top sometime soon though with how close to the surface it looks!

Whew! I made it. Hope everyone is doing well! The next time we will probably be up in Iowa is for the 4th of July. Hopefully we will get to see all my Iowa readers then.

No comments:

Post a Comment