Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sweet Potato Chips

When on a candida cleanse diet you can eat sweet potatoes moderately. I'm not a big baked sweet potato fan, but I tried my hand a sweet potato chips and yummy!!! They are soooo good!

Sweet Potato Chips

1/2 - 1 sweet potato per person
melted butter
salt
pepper
paprika

Slice the sweet potatoes to about 1/8 inch thick. I use my mandolin slicer so that they are all the same thickness. Add spices and salt to the melted butter. Using a pastry brush, brush a thin layer of butter over a jelly roll pan. Lay the slices of sweet potato out so that they don't overlap. Brush a good amount of butter mixture over the top of the slices.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes on the lowest rack of the oven.

I eat them hot - mostly because I can't keep away from them long enough to let them cool. :) You will be hard pressed to enjoy store bought potato chips ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment