Friday, January 10, 2014

164 of 2014

In about an hour I went from 38 items to 164.  I tackled two areas of the house that tend to gather unnecessary items: the hall closet and the bathroom cabinet.

The hall closet was the bulk of that number.  Expired medications, old products we don't use anymore, sunscreen from 4 years ago…you get the idea.  It adds up quick.

Here's the before of the closet:


All this mess was on the top shelf alone:


After much purging (almost a whole garbage bag full), here is what it looks like now:


Next up was the bathroom cabinet above the sink.  It really wasn't too awful, but needed organized a cleaned out a bit.  Now that the hall closet was clean and organized, I was able to move some odds and ends into their proper homes there too instead of just cluttering things up.


This picture makes me happy.  There's nothing like a clean, de-cluttered cabinet.  There's empty space!  Yippee!!


1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'll come up with 2014, but I'm at 30 so far just by going through our clothes in the closets! Still need to go through papers....does that count?

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget