Monday, March 18, 2013

Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving

I turned the big 3-0 over a week ago now. Leading up to it I was excited to be entering my 30's. the day of it felt a bit odd. 30.  I really wouldn't ever be in my 20's again.

It seemed surreal because I don't feel like I'm old enough to be 30. Our parents were so grown up when they had kids and some days I just feel like I'm playing house and not nearly mature enough to have 3 children.

Scott and my best friends helped me celebrate the milestone in style. I think Scott almost gave himself an aneurism trying to pull off my birthday weekend and wanting it all to be perfect.

I had 4 days of birthday basically. My family came in to town Thursday afternoon and we spent the next couple days enjoying my favorite restaurants and shopping. Scott took me out for an amazing 7- course dinner on my actual birthday, just the two of us. The next day birthday extravaganza with all my favortie ladies began with happy hour, followed by shopping on the Plaza, dinner at my favorite restaurant, a slumber party at a hotel, and brunch the next morning.  I came home and took a nap like an old lady.

Good work hubs and friends. It was a birthday I will never forget.

Pictures of these events exist, but our computer has crapped out on us, so they may be added later.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday girl!!!! So glad your friends and family spoiled you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Many blessings to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete