Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's Final

Dear Abraham,

From the moment you were born you had my heart.  In the weeks following your birth you were solidified in my heart as my son.  You were my own.  I would have said that it wasn't possible to love you any more than I did.

Then on Thursday something amazing happened.  After 9 long months of waiting and walking with you through more than we could have imagined, your adoption was finalized.  You officially became Abraham Christopher Behrens. 

And my heart exploded.



I really didn't think I could love you any deeper or have you feel any more my own.  But it happened.  Your daddy and I stood before a judge and pledged that we would love you no matter what.  That we wanted you to be part of our family forever.  I look at you and all I see is my son.  My son whom I would do anything for. 


We love you dearly Abraham and look forward to celebrating every March 21st as the day you forever joined our family.


6 comments:

  1. Yeah! This is amazing, so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful family! So happy for you! (Found you from DS, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos, I can just see the joy oozing out of you all! Congratulations I am so very, very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a HUGE congratulations to you and your family. What a tremendous day adoption is. We are so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete