Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sickness, Gifts, and Summer Flying By

We have had another round of illness make it's way through the house.  Days when both the girls are sick are stressful for me.  I don't deal with super-cranky kids very well at all.  Then I was sick.  I'm a big wuss when sick, but thankfully my dear sweet hubs has pity on me.  He took Monday off of work so that I could spend the day bumming around in my pj's and taking naps.  Thankfully I'm feeling like myself again today. 

It is my one and only niece's birthday today!  Happy 8th birthday Kaylin!  She was just a baby when Scott and I started dating, so it feels weird to see how big she's gotten and realize we have been together that long.  I wanted to make her something special for her birthday.  Unfortunately with all the sickness, I haven't made it to the post office yet, so she will be getting it as a belated gift.  But it's coming in the mail.  Gifts that come in the mail can come at any time because gifts in the mail are just about the most fun thing EVER.  So here's what she's getting:


I'm so excited about it.  It is a lot bigger than any other dress I've sewn for my littles.  And I've never made doll clothes before.  I'm hoping she will like dressing to match her American Girl doll!

And also, have you noticed that it's mid-July already?  Our home study is almost done.  It's painfully hot.  And Bella's first birthday is in a few weeks.  WHAT?!?!  Yeah, I know.  Crazy.  I'm not ready for it.  Emotionally or logistically.  It's hard living away from all your family on big events.  Do I throw a party down here or wait until we're up there?  Who knows.  I'm not sure yet and while I felt like I had plenty of time to decide, it appears that I do no.  To be honest I've been thinking more about a theme and things I can craft for it.  That part I'm excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment