Sunday, January 17, 2016

New Year

I haven't even attempted to post anything in the new year.  Writing right now doesn't feel as cathartic to me as it usually does, and to be honest, life has been too busy to sit down and try to compose thoughts.

This year has been filled with processing.  Processing adoption loss, current events, and family dynamics.  It hasn't been easy or smooth, and thank goodness for professional help navigating it all.

Also, my days are filled with cleaning sharpie and gum off of things, mounds of laundry, driving kids to activities, and pretending I meal plan.

But I have high hopes for the new year.  Not because I think it will necessarily be easier or less painful than last year, but that I know we can survive whatever it is that happens.  We've been through hell and back and are living to tell about it.  We've learned what it means to place our hope in proper places and not rely on our circumstances to be what brings us joy.

Here's a short glimpse of the start of our year.

Losing teeth...


Haircuts...


Preschool being exhausting...


So exhausting...


Learning to read and being so, so proud...


And getting chicken nuggets making life amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment