Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Still Making Progress

See that over there in the sidebar?  I finally updated it!  I'm down 1,797 items out of my house so far this year.  That leaves only 217 things left to get rid of in the next 4 months.  I'm down to the bare bones on a lot of things, but still have a few areas I want to purge that will hopefully get me to that mark.

Areas left to go:

~ finish up basement purging, I swear, clutter is having babies in my basement

~ kid clothes - they keep growing, I keep getting rid of the stuff they outgrow

~ Christmas decorations - I can't wait to get these out this year and clear out the stuff I really don't need.  I love a big decorated tree, but I think some of the other stuff is going to go.  I want less stuff sitting around on surfaces this year.

~ my closet - I did a purge earlier this year and got rid of over 20 items, but I think it needs pared down a little more.  At the end of the summer I need to pitch any of my summer clothes I didn't wear this year, or at least that's my goal.

~ toys - I want to do a post-birthday, pre-Christmas purge to get rid of the old things they don't play with anymore now that they have new things and make room for the inevitable flood of stuff that is Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment