Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wrapping Up National Adoption Awareness Month

For National Adoption Awareness Month, Kansas City Moms Blog did several pieces on adoption. I was interviewed for one here.

My interview for the Open Adoption Bloggers Network with me answering Amber's questions is now up.

And a few more posts I didn't author that I'm reading right now.

A Beautiful Soul

To so many people adoption seems to be a synonym for  “not real children/siblings,” or “charity cases”. None of those things were true for her though. These children were her children. They were just as much her children as her older four. She was so beautiful. 

Interview with an African American Adoptee Who Was Adopted by Caucasian Parents

 I’m here today to talk to you a little bit about my experiences of being adopted as an infant into a Caucasian home and into a predominately white or Caucasian community.

Why It Matters That Angelina Jolie's White Child Plays With Black Dolls 

recent photo of the Jolie-Pitt kids seems to reinforce that Jolie and Pitt may be more conscious of racial and cultural diversity than the average parent. The widely published photo captured the couple’s biological daughter Vivienne carrying a black doll with short, tightly curled hair. This may not seem like a big deal but it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment