Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April Showers

*Life is hard right now.  I have a lot I want to write about and memories I want to preserve, but we are just sort of surviving long days right now and by the time I have time to sit down and write, I just want to veg out in front of the TV.

*Scott is working 80-100 hours a week right now with no real end in sight.  We see him for a little bit in the morning, and maybe a bit before the kids go to bed.  But otherwise he's working.  If we're lucky, he gets to take a day off on the weekend.

*Abraham is teething.  And constipated.  And cranky.  He wants held all day long, but he doesn't just snuggle up.  He claws at my skin, bites me, and tries to pull my hair out.  Sweet little peanut.

*Annie is still in the full-fledged terrible twos.  She is great when we can get outside or do something out of the ordinary, but with all this horrible weather keeping us home and indoors, the tantrums are making us all stir-crazy.  Yesterday she took a salt shaker and covered the entire living room with salt while I was making dinner.

*I'm tired.  Taking care of the kids 12 hours a day on my own is long and hard.  I don't sleep well at night when Scott isn't here, so when he doesn't get home until 2 a.m., we are both exhausted the next day.

*Two tired parents + normal toddler and preschooler behavior is not a very good mix.  Patience runs very, very thin.

I don't really want a pity part though, although I sound like I do.  The reality is that we are in a season where articles like this are what hold me together.  So I read and I remember that God will sustain us through this time.  I listen to music like Sandra McCracken and give my soul rest.


Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song,
The joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue;
Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last,
Hath won my affections, and bound my soul fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment