Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Annabelle: 2

 A post by our little Annie as she turns 2. 

"Mommy couch sit me."


"Mommy love you me."


"Sing Twinkle Twinkle."


"AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"


"Go buh-by Costco?"


"Daddy!"


"NO!  Annie do it."


"Where sheepy?  Sheepy go too."


My sweet pumpkin you are growing and changing faster than I thought you would. 


You have willingly vacated the role of baby in the house and enthusiastically embraced toddlerhood with all it's independence, laughter, learning, willful defiance, and tantrums. 


You love to sing, watch movies, play with your sister, beat up on your sister, and pick out your own clothes. 


Your most recent accomplishments include being diaper free when awake, successfully consuming nothing but carbohydrates in a day, independently singing your ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and driving your mother to the brink of insanity and back with your antics. 

I'm so thankful I get to be your mommy.  Your sweet smile and the way you run to me shouting mommy when I get up each day are some of the highlights of life.  We'll ride out this thing called the terrible 2's together and be better for it in the end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment